What is Digital Twin Technology?
A digital twin is a virtual model designed to accurately reflect a physical object. The object being studied — for example, a wind turbine — is outfitted with various sensors related to vital areas of functionality. These sensors produce data about different aspects of the physical object’s performance, such as energy output, temperature, weather conditions and more. This data is then relayed to a processing system and applied to the digital copy.
Once informed with such data, the virtual model can be used to run simulations, study performance issues and generate possible improvements, all with the goal of generating valuable insights — which can then be applied back to the original physical object.
Digital Twin Software Architecture
Tool-Chain for Digital Twin Design
- SysML(System Modeling Language) : CAMEO System Modeler
- MBD(Model Based Design) : Matlab/Simulink, OpenModelica
- Data Analytics : BeeAI AI Data Analysis Framework
- Real-time Controller : B&R PLC & APC
- Visualization Tool : Unity